Breaded Shrimp recipe is one of the easiest to prepare shrimp dish that hits the spot. It is light breaded and it can be addicting. Crispy breaded shrimp paired with a savory sweet and sour sauce is so delicious yet easy to make. Make this breaded shrimp recipe with large or extra large headless shrimp. It is great with salad or rice.
When buying frozen shrimp sometimes it is already deveined. All you need to do is peel the cover but leave the tail attached and its cover.
I used flour and panko breadcrumbs for breading and deep fried. You can also bake the breaded shrimp in the oven.
How to Cook Breaded Shrimp Recipe
Watch my video “How to cook breaded shrimp”. Let’s make it today. Magluto na tayo!
- 8 shrimps large or extra large
- 1 cup panko
- 2 eggs
- ¾ flour
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ ground pepper
- ½ tsp salt
Use large or extra large headless shrimp. Wash the shrimp. Peel and devein leaving the tail attached.
Season shrimp with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
Prepare 3 containers for the breading. The 1st container will have the flour. The 2nd container for the beaten eggs and the 3rd container for the panko breadcrumbs. It will look like an assembly line.
In a deep pot add oil. Heat oil over medium to high heat or about 350 degrees.
While waiting for oil to get hot. Start breading the shrimp.
Dip shrimp in this order: flour, egg and panko.
After dipping it in flour, shake it to remove excess flour. Do the same thing after dipping it in panko. This will keep your oil clean.
Once oil is hot to around 350 degrees, fry shrimp until golden brown and crispy. You can also use a deep fryer.
Remove from heat and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel so excess oil can be absorbed by the paper towel.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with scallion or parsley.
Serve with sliced lemon or sweet and sour sauce. Ketchup will do too. Enjoy!
- It is easier to coat the shrimp with flour and panko if placed in a zip lock or plastic bag. Shake it and your are done.
- Oil should be hot for a crispy breaded shrimp. It will cook quickly so don't leave your stove while cooking.
- Prepare the plate lined with paper towel so you can quickly remove the shrimp from the pot once it is golden brown.
- You can cook the sweet and sour sauce ahead of time so it is ready by the time the shrimps are done. Enjoy the shrimp while it is hot and crispy.