Are you a Steak lover? This Steak Mini Quiche Recipe with Mushroom, Red Bell Pepper, Red Onion and Mozzarella Cheese is so flavorful and easy to make. What’s not to love, they’re savory, lovely, festive and really scrumptious. If you love steak and egg for breakfast, try this delicious steak mini quiche. What about steak and mushroom? Yes, then you’ll be all over this quiche.
Try this easy Steak Mini Quiche recipe for your next brunch or any time you feel like having it. On your next gathering, serve it as an appetizer and your guest will definitely love it. Mini quiches are so convenient to have on hand. Make a big batch, bake and freeze it.
Don’t care for steak, then substitute it with bacon or ham. Don’t care for meat, then make it meatless and use your favorite vegetables. This recipe is so versatile that you can use your own favorite stuffing. Just make sure, you don’t add any more liquid to this recipe or you’ll end up with a soggy quiche.
The easiest way to make quiche is using a store bought pie crust. If you like to make your own crust, use my fruit tart crust recipe. The store bought pie crust works well with this quiche.
The amazing thing about this Steak Mini Quiche Recipe you can make it under an hour. Better yet, make extra servings and freeze it. You can have it anytime you crave for it. This is great to have for busy mornings. Just pop it in the oven straight from the freezer and you have one scrumptious breakfast. Your kids will love this for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even as a lunchbox meal.
This Labor Day weekend serve it as an appetizer and everyone will enjoy it. It is great for entertaining and you can make it a few days before your gathering.
How to Prepare Store-bought Pie Crust for Mini Quiche
- Use room temperature store bought pie crust.
- Roll–out crust and use a cookie cutter to make the quiche shells.
- Before placing dough in pan, prick a few holes with fork to avoid dough from floating up while baking. It helps steam to escape.
- Lightly spray pan with olive oil or butter. I usually take a paper towel and lightly wipe pan with olive oil.
- Place dough in pan. Hold opposite sides of dough and gently push it down the pan. Slowly position dough to fit in pan. Be careful not to break dough, if it does patch it with leftover dough.
- There will be left over dough from cut out. If you are patient, instead of tossing it away, you can patch them together to make a few crust. If you watch my video, you will see that I used patched crust with this recipe.
What baking pan to use for mini quiche?
I use Wilton’s mini tart pan with 12 cavities. The size is 2 ½ inches wide and ½ inch deep. 24 mini muffin tins will work too. These will be smaller compared to my mini tart pan.
Can you freeze baked Mini Quiche?
Yes, you can.
Let it cool down for about an hour or so, then store it in a well-sealed container, zip lock or a food saver with 2 quiche facing each other. I don’t put them on top of each other since they will stick.
If you prefer quiche stack on top of each other, when cool put it back in pan and place it in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Once frozen, transfer them to zip lock bag.
How to reheat frozen mini quiche?
Pop it in the oven at 350 deg F for about 10 to 12 minutes.
You can use a microwave but it will not stay crisp. Depending on your microwave power, reheat between 20 to 30 seconds. Warm it with a lower time then check it. Overheating will make it tough.
Instead of Half and Half, what else can I use to make this Steak Mini Quiche?
Substitute half and half with ¾ cup milk or heavy cream.
Can you make this recipe crustless mini quiche?
Yes, you can but I prefer it with crust.
Tips in Making a Steak Mini Quiche
- If making a small batch, you need a small piece of steak. For 12 pieces, I used ¾ pound of ribeye steak.
- The easiest way to cook the steak is pan frying but you can always grill it.
- Depending on your preference, slice steak into small pieces and mix it with all the ingredients. I like to have bigger pieces as topping and added 2 to 3 minutes before its done baking.
- If freezing mini quiche, you might prefer a newly cooked steak for topping. I don’t do this!
I adapted Patricia Heaton‘s egg mixture recipe and added garlic powder to the mixture. Thanks for sharing! Also, I made my own stuffing. I used to make it with 2 eggs but I like her recipe better.
How to Make Easy Steak Mini Quiche Recipe & Video
- 1 14.1 oz Pie Crust (store bought)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¾ milk half and half or heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ pound rib eye steak (season with salt and garlic powder)
- 5 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 5 tablespoons cremini mushroom chopped
- 5 tablespoons red bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Use room temperature store bought pie crust.
Prepare stuffing. Chop red onion, mushroom, red bell pepper and place in a bowl. Set aside.
Heat pan and melt butter. Add olive oil. Once heated, fry ribeye steak depending on your preference. I like mine well-done. When done, slice 12 bigger pieces for topping and chop the rest of steak. Chop not mince.
While cooking steak, prepare egg mixture. Whisk egg lightly. Then combine egg, half and half, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Blend well. Set aside.
Combine chopped steak and chopped vegetables. Season with garlic powder and blend well.
Unroll pie crust and use 3 ½ inch cookie cutter to cut out 12 mini tart crust. If using a 24 mini muffin pan, use a 2 ½ inch cookie cutter. Before you take cut out crust, prick it a few times with fork. Watch my video, to see how I do it.
Lightly spray or wipe pan with olive oil.
Place dough in pan. Position dough above pan and hold opposite sides of dough (top) and push gently in the pan. Fit dough nicely without tearing it.
Once all dough are in place, divide stuffing and place it inside dough. Add mozzarella cheese on each dough.
Pour egg mixture on each dough. I used a coffee measuring cup to divide egg mixture.
Preheat oven at 375 degrees and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until egg mixture are firm to touch and heated through. 2 to 3 minutes before done baking, add toppings then continue baking. Set your baking time again for 2 or 3 minutes. When done, cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack. Enjoy!